Important things to remember when planning your wardrobe for a Spring/Summer shoot.
1. Wear light, airy clothes so you don't add to the heat of outdoors and make yourself miserable.
2. Wear clothes you're comfortable in. If you're uncomfortable your true personality can't show through.
3. Try to stay on the lighter side of colors. Those pesky biting insects are attracted to dark clothing.
4. Match, match, match!! A few years back it was all the rave to wear white shirts with kakis or blue jeans. Is this wrong? No, I don't think it's wrong. There are however ways to make you and your family be individual and still match. I personally love lots of color and think it can really take your photos to the next level. The idea with matching is to pick a few colors that match and run with it. In the pictures below you'll see exactly what I mean by this but I'll go ahead and give a quick example. Let's say you've decided to use blue and purple. Do they all have to be the same shades? No, just make sure they match. A super wild neon purple might not look so good with a lilac purple. So, take your two colors (purple and blue) and see what you can come up with. My personal favorite place to shop when planning a shoot is Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic. You can find great deals and items to match for the whole family all in one store or website.
5. Layers and accessories are always a plus too! What do I mean by accessories? Headbands, other hair pieces, hats, jewelry, cool shoes, belts...you name it!
I hope this helps! If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a message on Facebook or email (email@example.com)